Spring is Here!! We need a break, let’s face it! If you're traveling on a budget (and who isn't right now after winter storm/COVID-19 pandemic double whammy?) Spring Break can be a costly proposition.
Sometimes staying closer to home can be just what the doctor ordered, including your pockets. So, I've rounded up 14 Great 2021 Spring Break local events and destinations (including 1 yummy place to end the week):
1. The FOMO Factory- Leave the real world behind and take a journey through childhood nostalgia in this multi-sensory immersive pop-up inspired by the iconic moments of youth! 5085 Westheimer Rd Suite 4710, Houston, TX 77056 (inside the Galleria)
2. Blessington Farms- Pick your own berries, Gem Mining, Trolley Swing, Rope Maze, Fishing, Hay Rides, Barrel Train Rides, and more.
510 Chisolm Trail, Simonton, Texas 77476
3. Houston Music & Arts Festival- Come and enjoy major concerts, fine art displays, a classic car show, a custom motorcycle show, and dozens of fun attractions and highlights. Kids 12 & under are FREE.
Heritage Place Amphitheater, Conroe, TX
4. Lagoon Houston- The vacation you've been longing for without leaving town. Enjoy resort-style amenities and entertainment for all ages along Lago Mar's Paradise Shore.
3240 Lago Mar Blvd, Texas City, TX 77568 5. Momentum Indoor Rock Climbing- Momentum is proud to have launched its Silver Street facility, a 43,000 square foot beast of a bouldering gym. Featuring nearly endless climbing terrain, awesome hangout spaces, and a massive area for cardio, fitness, and yoga, Momentum Silver Street is a truly world-class climbing facility.
1401 Silver Street Houston, TX 77007 6. Camp For All- Come out for a refreshing and rejuvenating few days full of fun, family activities such as hiking, canoeing, swimming, campfires, and more. Booking a getaway at Camp For Y’All helps ensure that children and adults with challenging illnesses and special needs will continue to experience the barrier-free thrill of Camp year-round.
6301 Rehburg Rd, Burton, TX 77835
7. Splashway Water Park- Whether you’re a seasoned outdoorsman or trying something new, no one will deliver a family experience quite like Splashway. In addition to the scheduled activities above, their outdoor games, paddle boards, hiking and biking trails, playgrounds, pedal carts, putt putt, laser tag, stargazing, and more will be available for your enjoyment. 5211 Main Street, Sheridan, TX 77475
8. Mad Science Spring Break- Young scientists won’t want to miss out on classes by Mad Science during Spring Break with different lessons on physics, chemistry, and nature throughout the week, including interactive experiments and projects. Spaces are limited. 1250 Lake Plaza Drive, Spring, TX 77389 9. Craft Burger- Shannen Tune, owner, and operator of Craft Burger Food Truck, offers his successful lineup of savory, all-natural, never-frozen gourmet burgers, sandwiches, beer-battered onion rings, hand-cut fries, shakes, and more in Finn Hall.
21945 Katy Fwy, Suite C, Katy, TX 77450
10. The Rink at Discovery Green- The Rink at Discovery Green opens Friday, March 5 through Sunday, April 11, 2021.
General admission tickets are just $12 person, but on the following dates you can get tickets for $8 from 5
to 10 p.m.:
- March 8
- March 22
- April 5
1500 McKinney, Houston, TX 77010
11. Space Center Houston- On March 20, Space Center Houston is hosting virtual campouts for spring break for those unable to visit the center. Those who participate in the program will be able to stargaze and explore the stars in real-time. The program also allows participants to use household items to make science come to life through engaging hands-on activities.
Normally, events like this are paid programs, but due to the financial difficulties from the COVID-19 pandemic, Space Center Houston is offering this program to anyone who would like to participate and ask you pay whatever you are comfortable playing.
If you are not able to pay, please enter "0" in the blank during registration.
12. Levy Park- Levy Park is a vibrant urban space located in the heart of the Upper Kirby District of Houston. The Park will be hosting an array of events from sun up to sun down throughout Spring Break week and weekend.
Whether you want to attend a event or just lounge with a picnic in the sun, Levy Park is a great COST- FREE ……so spend time with your family. 3801 Eastside St, Houston, TX 77098
13. Sea Center Texas- Sea Center Texas is a Admission Free(Yes, it’s FREE) marine aquarium, fish hatchery and education center located on 75 acres in Lake Jackson, Texas. Whether your looking to indulge yourself in all things aquatic with their live tours, or enjoy a nice picnic at McLean Park nearby, this is a fun experience all can enjoy!
302 Medical Drive, Lake Jackson, TX 77566 14. Double Tree Galveston- Take a dive into this beach-front spot with gulf views this spring break. It's right on Seawall Boulevard near Galveston Beach, and just 10 minutes away from Galveston's historic Pleasure Pier.
The good news is that the starting rate for this one is $130 a night. One note: book 5 days in advance to receive 15 percent off. 1701 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, TX 77550